Monthly Archives: November 2011

Deploy to GAE not working

I was trying to deploy my new version of GAE to app engine.  It took some time before I figured out why my deployed site was not showing live.  What I did new while deploying the new version is that I changed the version from 1 to 2.  After changing the version, though it was deployed successfully, the app engine continued to use my version 1 as the default instance.

To change the default instance to 2, do the following:

  • Log into to appengine.google.com using your login credentials
  • Select your app.  This should launch the app dashboard.
  • In the left sidebar, select Versions.
    • Here it should list both the version.
  • Select version 2 and set as default.

You are done.  Now your newly deployed version should be visible live.