I was following the link powerdns-on-rails and had trouble configuring. An improved steps to install on a clean ubuntu x64 server is documented here. Might be of help for someone.
It took half a day to find and install VMware Tools on my guest os running Cent OS 6.3. I though a summary of this would help someone in achieving this faster. So here it goes. Continue reading
Email address tagging or also known as sub-addressing could be quiet handy when you want to signup for newsletters.
I run my own asterisk server where it is well protected against external attacks using iptables + fail2ban. I thought it was secure enough until I came across attacks which my current fail2ban configuration failed to detect. In investigation tells me that fail2ban cannot do multi line pattern match and because the attacker’s IP was not logged in the same line where the attack statement was mentioned, fail2ban did not work.
The only solution I could find / think of is to write my own script which will write these multiple lines into one single line. Assuming you will hit this bottleneck of fail2ban sooner or later, I have uploaded the script which I wrote to github and available for free download.
Feel free to use the script. I welcome your comments / suggestions.
Download and install Sourcery G++ Lite Edition for ARM Pull the android libs for dynamic linking using the script [ PullAndroidSysLibs.bat ] Download the build script and copy in your working folder [build_nd_push.bat] Download the assembly [crt.S] file for startup code and copy in your working folder. Article from [ 1 ]
If you do not have a google account and still want to do a secure google search, you can do so by clicking SecureGoogle link. If you have a google account and you are already logged in then secure google search is enabled by default. Enjoy Secure Googling. … 🙂
My first google site is live. Please visit www.flexlmonline.com
The fully functional site will be live by 25th Dec. Please check back again.
I was trying to deploy my new version of GAE to app engine. It took some time before I figured out why my deployed site was not showing live. What I did new while deploying the new version is that I changed the version from 1 to 2. After changing the version, though it was deployed successfully, the app engine continued to use my version 1 as the default instance.
To change the default instance to 2, do the following:
- Log into to appengine.google.com using your login credentials
- Select your app. This should launch the app dashboard.
- In the left sidebar, select Versions.
- Here it should list both the version.
- Select version 2 and set as default.
You are done. Now your newly deployed version should be visible live.